Monday, January 15, 2007

Thank Goodness for Snow Days

Do you want to know what I love? I love three day weekends. Especially those when your extra day falls on a day when there's horrible weather (freezing rain, snow, sleet, ice) outside. It's the perfect day to stay inside and cook a warm and satisfying dinner (still have to figure out what to cook), and also to do laundry since I'm a lazy slob and have an overflowing hamper that I should have addressed on Saturday.

No worries though. I'm up early and have plenty of time to kill.

So anyway, the costume party on Friday night was a lot of fun. I love hanging out with these friends because they make me laugh incredibly hard. I wasn't drinking because I've been feeling under the weather, but even without alcohol (which is usually the case anyway because every party has beer and nothing else and I can't drink beer) it was a blast.

Here's Aaron as Dave Grohl:


His was my favorite costume of the night, but I may be a little biased. One (very drunk) guy at the party walked up to him, and the following conversation (that totally cracked me up) occurred:

Drunk Guy: Hey, you look like that guy!
Aaron as Dave Grohl: Um, Dave Grohl?
DG: No, the guy from Foo Fighters. The lead guy....Dave something?
AaDG: Dave Grohl?
DG: Yeah! Dave Grohl!
AaDG: Well, good. Because that's who I'm dressed up to look like.
DG: I like Kurt Cobain better.
AaDG: Um, okay then.

Anyway, here's me as Rebecca Howe (Kirstie Alley's character from Cheers):

My favorite part was that the shoulder pads weren't high enough for my liking, so I pinned "falsies" to the shoulders to make them even higher. When I sat down? It looked like my shoulders were trying to swallow my head. It was awesome.

At least we dressed up, because there were plenty of people who didn't, which was disappointing. We didn't get a picture of my favorite costume, which was the hostess dressed up as Jon Benet Ramsey. She looked a lot like her. The other best costume was actually horrible. It was a guy dressed up as John Wayne Bobbit, but I won't post pictures because they are incredibly inappropriate. He kept freaking people out with his costume, which is part of what made the party a laugh riot.

I'm glad we headed out, no matter how crappy I felt, because that's about the only thing we did all weekend. The big news, though, is that we finally have snow! Like, multiple inches. Of course it's covering about an inch of ice so it's a little dangerous to go out and enjoy the snow, but hey. It's here. Our likelihood of making it out to go cross country skiing just increased by a bunch, which makes me incredibly happy.

2 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your snowy day off! I love the Dave Grohl idea, he does kinda look like him.

 
At 1/15/2007 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your costumes are great!

Enjoy your day off. I've got to go venture out in the cold and ick because my employer doesn't respect MLK Jr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home