Thursday, January 11, 2007

Panic

I woke up this morning in my least favorite way: in a panic. We're having a going away party today for one of my co-workers (my favorite co-worker to be exact; I'm very sad), and I woke up thinking I forgot to invite one very important other co-worker. In the end it just so happens that I did remember to invite her, so the panic was unwarranted, but I did forget to invite someone else I should have invited. People should not put me in charge of things like this when I'm really busy with other things. The end result is not as good as it should be.

It's been a really busy week and I'm happy it's almost over. I have a lot of things to attend to this weekend, including the absolutely huge pile of laundry in my hamper and taking down the Christmas tree; something that should have been done a couple of weeks ago. I'm still catching up from the Holidays and it's still driving me nuts. This was my first full week back at work and so I'm finally feeling a little more in the swing of things. Then they go and throw another 3-day weekend in the mix and I'm going to get all thrown off again.

Not that I'm complaining about the 3-day weekend, because I'm not. I love 3-day weekends, and wish I had more of them. I'm spending my extra day off (MLK, Jr. Day on Monday) visiting my sister for her birthday. I'm planning on taking her out to lunch and then having her show me around her sorority house and maybe hang watch a movie or something. I'd like to be home before dark because I don't like driving on the freeway, and have a hard time driving at night. Two things that I think lead to my giant panic attack last year when I went to visit her on her birthday. So I'm a little nervous about that too. I need to not think about it and maybe I'll be fine. Really what I need is to spend the weekend chilling out so that I'm not such a huge exposed ball of nerves.

1 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I'm also afraid of driving on the freeway; high speed traffic makes me feel as though I could die at any second. And the worst part is, it's not an entirely irrational fear. (I'm not being very helpful, am I?) I make Nick do the freeway driving whenever possible.

I just took down our Christmas tree earlier this week. It's not nearly as fun taking it down as it was putting it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home