Friday, September 30, 2005

I See London, I See France

Last night my husband and I were doing our nightly ritual of sitting in front of the tv watching CSI. Near the end of this particular episode one of the characters said something like, "There's nothing more pitiful than a woman with tattered drawers" (I think that's how you spell it, drawers that is, I always just call them underpants, but whatever).

My husband, quiet most of the evening up until this point, said "That is so true".

Um, what? Worn out underwear is pitiful? I'm sorry, what?

This got me thinking about underwear and how really, no one sees it. Okay, so I guess I'm admitting that I have some worn out underwear. In fact, I have some underwear that I've had since high school. You needed to know that, right?

I guess I just get a little upset that, according to many (men especially), women should always have on sexy underwear. Men, however, don't have to wear what they classify as "sexy" - lace (which itches), stretchy material (which likes to ride up), thongs (whose purpose is to ride up), those new tanga things or whatever that look like they give full ass coverage, but instead like to think they're a thong, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do own my share of sexy panties. I like to dress up for my man when the time is right, but if I'm just sitting at work typing and doing data analysis, why should I be wearing a thong or lace? It's not even a VPL issue, because I check for that on a daily basis, and if it shows I change. It's just, I don't want to wear underwear for a purpose I'm not using it for I guess.

So if, I'm sitting at work being busy, or even cleaning the house, or gardening or whatever, I wear "tattered drawers", why is that pitiful? Would I wear nice pants and a pretty top if I were cleaning? I don't think so. I'd wear cleaning clothes that I wouldn't have to worry about getting dirty.

And you can bet, that I will not be wearing a thong underneath.

(Okay, rant finished. PMS may be getting the better of me today, but I just had to share my thoughts on the subject. Hope you all have a great weekend)

P.S. Congrats to Amy and Jason. Hope all is going well, and I can't wait to read updates/see pictures of your new little man!

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gardening patio
site/blog. It pretty much covers gardening patiorelated stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home