Monday, September 26, 2005

Michigan, Oh How I Love Thee

Well, I had a wonderful weekend. It was very relaxing and full of time spent with an uncharacteristically romantic husband. Not that my husband is not romantic, it's just that we were both feeling very romantic this weekend and spend time gazing into each other's eyes and cuddling while playing video games. Oops, sorry if I made anyone vomit there. We were pretty sickeningly sweet to each other.

But today, it's back to work, although it's a pretty exciting week. I even get to go out of town for tonight for a meeting up north. Now, I know that Michigan sometimes gets a bad rap, and I take it personally when people say anything bad about my beloved state. Besides some metropolitan areas in the southern half of the lower peninsula, Michigan is very rural and very beautiful. There are lakes and rivers everywhere and the scenery is spectacular. My travels today will take me through the center of the state to the north-east corner of the lower peninsula. Should be a beautiful drive, but not nearly as beautiful as my drive home tomorrow, along Lake Huron. And in three weeks I get to go to the northern portion of the UP (upper peninsula for those non-Michiganders out there) to visit my brother and take in even more amazing scenery. Every time I drive through this state I fall more in love with it. Even though it stinks that I have to go away for a night and drive a long distance by myself to sit through what is sure to be an un-interesting meeting, I appreciate every chance I get to look around and see more of this state. I used to think I couldn't wait until I could move to another state. Now I'm excited that I get to stay.

2 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fellow Michigan native and love it! I wouldn't live anywhere else!

 
At 9/26/2005 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a Michigan native stuck far away really stinks. Enjoy the scenery; I'm glad that you appreciate it so much. I wish I could be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home