Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Friendly Wager

Last night, Aaron and I were watching television while eating dinner (a bad habit, we know) and a commercial for one of those extreme diet pills came on the air. You know the one - the woman in the pink bikini showing off her rather largish rear end and then saying she lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks with this magic little pill. Then the "doctor" from Midwestern University comes on saying the same thing (and looking like a robot).

I made the off-handed comment that anyone could lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks if they really worked at it, and they probably wouldn't have a heart attack from the diet pills in the process.

Aaron looked at me and said, "Oh, yeah?"

I should have known I was in trouble right then.

You see, I've been working on losing some weight since right around Christmas. I've been working out regularly (except for that week when I was sick) and eating pretty well (except for the occasional binge on nachos or pizza, but they're becoming less frequent then they were before I started working on looking weight), and I've actually lost 7 pounds so far. And it feels great.

But I still want to lose about 10 more pounds. So Aaron and I made a bet. If I lose 10 pounds by March 24th (he gave me 30 days from today) we get to go spend a night at a bed and breakfast.

So I've got my work cut out for me. I have a couple of weddings coming up (one of which is my brother's wedding) and I'd like to look fabulous for them. The one that's not my brother's will be full of a bunch of people from my grad program that I haven't seen in about a year, and then at my brothers I will have to be photographed, so you can see why I'd want to look my best.

I really needed this for motivation. My motivation has been low lately, so this is a kick in the butt on to the right track.

But, oh, is it going to be a lot of hard work. And totally worth it too, of course.

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

totally worth it!

you can do it, for sure.

:) sizz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home