Thursday, February 23, 2006

Shameful Addiction

I have a confession to make. It's a little embarrassing, but here it is: I have been religiously watching American Idol.

That feels good to get off my chest.

I have yet to miss an episode, and have my definite favorites out of the "final 24". That being said, sometimes it is hard to watch. I feel sorry for those that I know aren't going to make it through to the end, and when they don't do well, I can feel myself turning red. When my favorites are doing well, though, I get excited. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

My favorite three girls are Paris, Lisa, and Katharine, and my favorite three guys are Ace, Chris, and Taylor. I think all six of them did fantastic in this round and will definitely get through. I had fun watching the guys last night, and when Ace sang "Father Figure" two things went through my head: 1) SO HOTT! and 2) I sure hope he's not gay, because that would be a disappointment for so many women out there! And then Paula made the comment about how all of her girlfriends and a lot of her guy friends would have loved that performance. It was amazing. However, I'm a rock and roll kind of girl, so I'm rooting for Chris just as much. And he's pretty cute too. And of course Taylor is talented and bluesy and I like that too. I really hope a guy wins this year.

Speaking of being a rock and roll kind of girl, I was reading a magazine at the gym the other day and it had an article about Rachael Ray (that sounds weird, but I promise, it is connected). Now, I'm kind of a Rachael Ray fan. I like most of her recipes, I like her ideas, and although she is a little over the top perky for me (although I'm sure that some people would say that about me too - I'm an eternal optimist) overall I'm slightly warmer than neutral about her. However, I read something about her the other day that makes me think that we could totally be best friends.

When she cooks, she rocks out to the Foo Fighters. I LOVE the Foo Fighters - well, specifically Dave Grohl, but whatever. They're awesome. I saw them in concert in the fall and have some hearing loss from it, but it was so totally worth it. She also drinks wine when she cooks. Heaven for me is some good rock and roll, wine, and cooking.

See, we could totally be best friends.

3 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

i haven't missed one episode yet. there are very few shows i feel that way about.

your 6 favs are in my top ten.

yeah for american idol!!

:) sizz

 
At 2/23/2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Grohl - Check
Red wine - Check
Loves to cook - Check

Count me in for the next get together!

 
At 2/24/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could y'all count me in? After all, you'll need some to keep the music and wine flowing while you cook and eat the food when you're done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home