Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wow, you get an extra post today...

Mostly because I am so INCREDIBLY BORED here. The office is pretty empty and I finished my work for today, um, yesterday. So yeah. BORED.

Anyway, I was just talking to my husband and decided that I am just trying way too hard to please the man. Not in a bad way of course. He's incredibly happy. It's just that do more than what I need to do to make him happy.

You see, he mentioned, for the probably tenth time, how much he loved dinner last night. Dinner last night was roasted vegetable quesadillas, which took all of 15 minutes and no fancy cooking techniques to complete. I just threw some vegetables I already had chopped in the oven for ten minutes and then threw them between two tortillas with cheese.

Now, I admit, they were really good, but I don't get nearly the praise when I do something more complicated.

For instance, one time when he came back from a business trip I had a very special meal ready for him. I made beef wellingtons with a bleu cheese sauce, whipped potatoes, and chocolate pots du creme for desert. He didn't like it.

However, if I make him a club sandwich? He's in heaven.

This is our menu for the week:
BBQ pork chops with baked potatoes and corn
Salmon with roasted asparagus and rice
Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
Chicken with a sun dried tomato sauce, with broccoli and polenta
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (low fat of course)
Meatloaf with mashed potatoes

That's pretty typical, although I would like a few more vegetarian meals, he likes his meat (HA! that sounds a little dirty) and so I make sure not to make him go vegetarian for too many days.

The easiest things on here are the salmon, the quesadillas, and the meatloaf, all of which are his favorite. The mac'n'cheese is totally for me, because it is my absolute favorite food on the face of the planet.

The problem with this whole thing is that I like to cook fancy food. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, so of course I go all out whenever possible, but he would just prefer a good sandwich with a good pickle and a beer. I just can't stop myself from trying to impress him I guess. At least he's full and happy.

Typical man, I guess.

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

um, your week of food sounds soooo good.

i really need to stop being such a stress case and make a decent meal once in a while.

:) sizzle

 
At 2/25/2006 12:24 AM, Blogger suzspeaks said...

I love your blog! I stumbled on it from Isabel's I think?
I love to cook too& have the same type of husband. It does make things easy sometimes, but I totally understand the need to make a fab meal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home