Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Health and Other Distractions

I have been having bad allergy problems this spring, which has been weird because I haven't had any problems with allergies for about the past 2 years. It's been bad though, especially an issue with my right ear - it's completely plugged up and has been for about 2 months now. My doctor gave me a horse-pill-like decongestant, but it didn't help much and made me feel a little cloudy, so I stopped taking it. I went back to her office on Monday and now we're getting aggressive with the medication - decongestant when needed, Claritin, a steroid nasal spray and ear drops.

I picked up the nasal spray and ear drops yesterday afternoon on my way home from work, and then sat down to do one of my favorite things when I got home - read the precautions and possible side effects. The nasal spray precautions section is like a short story, and this is my favorite line from it (I'm paraphrasing because I don't actually have the paper with me): Should be used only with caution in children. May stop growth temporarily, but should not affect final adult height. Monitor your child's growth after they have taken this medicine.

Great, so it's a good thing I'm not a kid because this nasal spray would stunt my growth. Ha!

**************************************************************************

I was feeling pretty blue this weekend, so Aaron decided to take me on a surprise road trip. We ended up in Grand Haven which is right on Lake Michigan. It was a pretty day, although a little cold, and it was nice to get away and out of the house for a bit because cabin fever has hit big time. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:

Here I am taking in the calming effects of the lake.

The lake itself. There were only tiny waves that day but the sound was amazingly relaxing. I could have spent the entire day just sitting on the beach listening.

Aaron walking to the lake. I now have this one printed so that I can look at it every day. I love it.

***************************************************************************

As a special treat this week (and I am so excited about this it's ridiculous) I got to watch the episode of ANTM from last week last night, and then the new episode is on tonight, and for once it will actually be on instead of a basketball game. I have been so spoiled lately. I can't wait to see who gets kicked off tonight!

3 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

that pic with the tracks on the sand is really good.

something about seeing a body of water always calms me too.

 
At 3/29/2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture is AMAZING. Epic.

A road trip to the beach always cheers me up too. Hope the allergies get better soon.

 
At 3/30/2006 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE, we have the same name. Props to us. And I love that last beach pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home