Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How Sweet It Is

So on Sunday, the day after the wedding, I was exhausted. I had gotten about 4 hours of sleep on Friday night, got home late after the wedding on Saturday night, and was woken up by an alarm on my phone going off at 6:45 on Sunday morning. That last part was totally my fault, but it still sucked royally because I couldn't fall back asleep.

When I'm really tired I'm hard to deal with. I acknowledge that freely and try to be on my best behavior, but it doesn't always work. I'm also pretty hard to deal with when I'm hungry, and since I hadn't eaten for approximately the whole week, by Sunday I was starving. For me, starving and tired is a Very Bad combination. So thank goodness for a sweet husband who is willing to not only put up with me when I'm in that kind of mood, but who spoils me rotten on days like that (which he'd had two weekends in a row - he's truly a saint).

On Sunday, Aaron took me to see Snakes on a Plane, even though he didn't really want to go see it, and bought me popcorn and pop. Then he suggested that we go to the local ice cream store (which he usually avoids because it's expensive) for a scoop or two. He let me sleep the whole way home from my parents house, and then bought me pizza and breadsticks for dinner.

Reading that, I see a pattern of Aaron appeasing my bad mood with food - that might not be the healthiest way to keep me happy, but it works.

This coming weekend holds two possibilities - going up north to Aaron's parents house for his brother's birthday and another wedding, or staying home and relaxing. I'm voting for the staying home option, but Aaron is still undecided. So I'm trying to bribe him into staying home, with, what else: food. The college football season starts this weekend (woohoo! We love football season.) and so I've promised him a big "1st football game of the season" spread if he chooses for us to stay home this weekend, complete with bbq meatballs, snack mix, veggies and dip, chips, and whatever cookies or brownies his little heart desires.

So what do you think? Would you stay home for that? Also, is our use of food as bribes totally bad news, or what? If our weekends continue like this, we're going to gain about 50 pounds each by the end of the year.

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Sizzle said...

maybe you should just factor in a nice walk after all that food?

i tend to vote for staying in. traveling. wedding. less sleep. sitting around eating and watching tv sounds waaaay more relaxing.

 
At 8/29/2006 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home