Monday, August 21, 2006

Procrastination

Liking nothing more than putting things off until the last minute, this week is going to suck. Why, you ask? Because I need to lose just a couple of pounds before my friends wedding. This Saturday. So I will be working out like mad and dieting all week. Miso soup for lunch, here I come.

Also, some last minute news from the bride, I am 3 inches taller than the best man, who is the same height as the groom, and the bride is 2 inches shorter than that. And I have 3 inch heels. Time to go buy some flats so that I don't look like a giant in all of the pictures.

Last night I decided to try on my whole ensemble for the wedding and found out that none of my strapless bras fit, so I have to go buy one of those too. Being a maid of honor really sucks money out of your wallet, because in addition to spending way too much on the bachelorette party this weekend (which I would rather not talk about, for I am still exhausted and crabby) I still have to pay for getting my nails and hair done. Which, 0h yeah! I broke two nails yesterday, without even getting out of bed once. Yes, I am that talented!

But there is some good in all of this: a husband who puts up with me. After watching me mope around all day and cry twice from exhaustion and once because I have gained weight recently, he made me drag my recently larger ass out of bed and go for a walk. Actually it was more of a jog, because in order to keep up with him and his long-legged stride I have to jog half the time. We went probably about four miles and ended up with a 25 meter sprint back to our front door. Then, revved up from the hike I did stretches and 100 crunches.

After I was done, and I was lying on the floor, sweating, Aaron looked at me in that certain way. "Watching you work out is hot," he said, and from that point on I was definitely not the crabby person I had been earlier in the day.

2 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Girl con Queso said...

Great ending to a bad day. Or great beginning to a bad day. Or something. Anyway, a good reminder about why we put ourselves through wedding torture to begin with. I mean, weddings aren't ALL bad. However bridesmaid dresses are all bad.

 
At 8/21/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Aww - Aaron is so sweet! McD does that to me too. We went to pick up a gate at a Farm and Ranch store that just happens to have clothes. Remember the Not My Day to Die post of mine? Well, this is the store I was working for. In fact I was the assistant buyer for the clothes and tools. So anyway, I was feeling kind of crappy and McD kind of did the same thing. Told me how my boobs looked hot! This was right before we walked in the store. Then he bought me new capri's and a new shirt.

Hope you day today is better. Good luck on finding the strapless bra. I hate those things!! I love the clear bra straps though!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home