Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Love Lists

I really do. I make lists all the time. Sometimes I remake lists to make them more organized. I think I just like lists because they're just so simple - the list contains everything you need right there in front of you, and they keep you from forgetting things, one of my major problems.

I also like lists as blog posts, because often you want t talk about something, but there's not enough to talk about to stretch it into an entire post. So, surprise! That's what you get today.

1. We are staying home this weekend. The bribe worked! Well, that and the promise of a long relaxing weekend. The tradeoff is that we have to go up north to see his parents next weekend, which brings us to point #2 on this list:

2. My inlaws are moving to Florida. In, like, 2 weeks. I am both happy and sad about this. Happy because, hey, now I have an even better excuse to go to Florida regularly. Sad because when I have kids they won't be close enough (location-wise) to their grandparents to see them all the time. I'm also a little worried that they're going to want our help to move down and September is the worst month out of the year for me to do anything in. Work is crazy in September, and if I ask for time off my boss is likely to look at me like I just swallowed a big ol' crazy pill, because it's so not going to happen.

3. I posted a few pictures from the wedding this past weekend on Flickr - you can see them on the Flickr flag I have over to the right. The pictures didn't all turn out as well as I had hoped, but there are some cute ones.

4. I am really excited that football season starts this weekend. Football is a big deal in our house, because it comes with bragging rights. You see, I'm a Michigan State fan, and Aaron is a University of Michigan fan, and those schools are big rivals. So, although he usually gets the bragging rights, I sometimes get to have a little bit of hope, at least at the beginning of the season. Football also brings the season of Crispix mix and Rice Krispie Treats, and really, you can't go wrong with that.

5. I'm seriously excited that there's probably a trip to Florida in my near (post-September) future. And? They'll only live a few hours from the Keys, which has me so excited I can barely sit still. Woohoo!

Updated to add:
6. Mini-rant here: It's still August, so can someone please tell me why in the hell it's cold outside? Seriously! It's like 65 degrees outside and it wasn't any warmer than that yesterday either. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the fall (mostly due to football, apple cider, hay rides, and all that), but it's not supposed to start yet. Gah!

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

I so haven't read this post yet. Sorry, but I wanted to let you know that you can still ask questions. Just throw them in somewhere and I will answer them. I didn't put a time frame on it.

Promise, I will be back to catch up on your posts this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home