Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Special

Today's special is: Random paragraphs that have not too many connections. You're welcome!

I am overly excited about what is happening tonight. We're going out for hamburgers! Seriously, I'm excited about this. Mostly it's because we ran into some friends in a park this weekend and they were cooking hamburgers that smelled delicious, and I've been craving one ever since. Also, I love the pub where we're going for hamburgers, and not only do they have amazing hamburgers (my favorite is one that's a cheeseburger with banana pepper slices...mmmm....) they also have incredible cole slaw and the best long island iced teas in the area (also a 2 long island limit because they're so strong). I'll probably skip the long island because I actually have things to do tomorrow and don't want to be hung over, but I'm definitely going for the hamburger and cole slaw.

Aaron is in charge of dinner a couple of nights a week, which are the nights that I have an exercise class and don't get home until around seven. He's been doing really good cooking dinner on these nights, but last night he fell into his old habit, of smiling at me when I walk in the door and greeting me with a one word question, "Pizza?" (Wow, can you tell that my healthy eating plan is going really well? That's why I'm having yogurt and berries for lunch.) Now, I like pizza and was really happy that we weren't having chicken, because I was so not in the mood for chicken (or brussels sprouts - the planned side dish). The only problem is that the cheeseburger tonight was supposed to be my only "bad" meal this week. Oh, well. Aaron will just have to deal with non-fattening foods for the rest of the weekend.

Speaking of being healthy and going to exercise classes, I went to a cardio kickboxing class last night, and rocked it! My new shoes came earlier this week, so my feet hurt much less than they have been after these classes, which is awesome. I have really high arches, so I definitely need lots of support during classes where there's a lot of jumping (like the whole hour of jumping I did last night). My feet still hurt, but I'm not avoiding walking like I was after last week's class. That's a definite improvement.

Also, during this class I did something to my left hamstring (does it bother anyone else that we refer to part of our bodies as ham-anything?). It's not a pull or a sprain, but it definitely hurts. I think maybe it's just a weird persistent cramp from too many squats.

Speaking of hurting muscles, Aaron made me watch something on television last night that made me gag. Literally. Some baseball player (I think it was Sean Casey) tore his calf muscle and you could totally see it happen. It jiggled. It was gross. I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm now no longer going to look when Aaron says "Hey, wanna see something totally gross, but kinda cool?" I should have known that lesson without having to learn it the hard way.

3 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a place here that chops up japapenos into a relish to spread on cheeseburgers.

Mmmmm....

That's the sound of me drooling.

 
At 10/13/2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....hamburgers. I'm not usually a big eater of red meat, as in I eat it maybe four times a year. But when I do, it's not a filet mignon I crave, it's a burger with two kinds of cheese, red onion, lettuce tomato and lots of kechup and brown mustard. Yummy!

 
At 10/14/2006 11:55 PM, Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

We're not worthy! (just picture me down on the floor doing the we are not worthy deal.) I am so proud of you for doing the cardio kickboxing. I couldn't do it if someone paid me to. Hopefully after school is over I will get back into my workout routine.

The hamburger sounds delish! I love peppers of any kind on mine.

Now I want to know what kind of shoes you got? I love shoes! Especially tennis shoes, why I don't know but they are a weakness. I have super high arches and it is hard to find good support. So let me know if you like the new shoes and what they are. You know, from one high arch to the other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home