Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas is in the Air

On Wednesday night Aaron came in the door after work and handed me a birthday present. He hadn't even read my whiny post about no one doing anything for me for my birthday, he just did it on his own. What a guy. I definitely deserve a kick in the ass after all that whining, but I got presents instead.

Nothing big, of course, but something about which I'm excited. I love all things Christmas, but there are three things about Christmas I especially love: 1) Christmas music, 2) Christmas baking, and 3) Christmas movies. Well, Aaron got me 2 DVDs for my birthday - the Santa Clause and the Santa Clause 2.

I haven't seen the second one yet, and can't wait to watch it, but haven't had a chance yet. I was planning on watching it tonight, but then I saw that The Polar Express is going to be on ABC tonight, and I'd love to watch that too. We're going to have to stay up late and watch SC2 after the Polar Express. Can you imagine how thrilled Aaron will be about this?

I do know one way to get him in the Christmas mood though. I'm buying a small bottle of peppermint schnapps on the way home to put in some hot chocolate. We already have the whipped cream at home. He'll do pretty much anything for the three of those combined. So will I.

We're also putting up our tree tonight, so I'll get to listen to some of my Christmas cds while we're doing that. It sounds like it's going to be a very Christmas-y night.

I can't wait!

6 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

Yay, Christmas! It's officially okay to be excited about it, now that it's December.

I think we'll probably put up our tree tonight, too. And we're going to Richmond's "Grand Illumination" tonight - they light all the buildings downtown simultaneously.

I just wish it felt like December, to help me get in the mood. It felt warm here this morning. That just isn't right!

 
At 12/01/2006 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars? Sooooooo yummy!!! And not that hard to make. You need to make them as soon as you possibly can because they are so incredibly good.

 
At 12/01/2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I just got the DVD of White Christmas and I am so freaking excited to watch it. Bing Crosby=Yummy.

 
At 12/01/2006 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I am so happy for you! I know how you feel about the SC so enjoy SC2, I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Have fun tonight!

 
At 12/01/2006 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay my thoughts. Honest as they came to mind.

Aaron was going to get lucky because he bought you something for your birthday.

You can get drunk with the schnapps.

How convient that you are having thank you sex AND have whip cream in the house at the same time.

=) Your welcome.

 
At 12/03/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished watching White Christmas.

I LOVE Christmas shows.

By the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home