Thursday, August 25, 2005

Why I'm Stressed Out this Week (a list)

1. Husband is crabby. Which in turn makes me crabby. Which in turn makes EVERYTHING a VERY BIG DEAL.

2. Little sister is leaving for college on Saturday. This makes my parents wig out (little sister is the baby of the family) and cry at any word that sounds like "college" or "leaving" or "moving out". When my mom cries, my sister cries, and then I cry. So, yeah, we've been crying. I'm also headed home this weekend again, so the cry-fest is sure to continue in earnest.

3. The director where I work announced today that he is leaving us. He created our program, and now he's leaving. So not only do I have wigging out happening in my family life, I have wigging out now happening in my work life. My supervisor was so upset she had to leave for the day, which leaves me having to go to a four-hour meeting that I know nothing about and having to take notes. For FOUR hours.

4. I've gained five pounds in the last two weeks, and it's not going away. I've been dieting, but my husband keeps ruining that by doing things like taking me out to dinner or buying a 2-pound bag of peanut M&M's. While this is all very sweet, it is NOT HELPING my weight-loss endeavor.

Well, that's all for now. I'm sure there are other things that are just as annoying happening that I can't think of right now because I'm just sort of out-of-it. Long day at work today. And now I have to go to that four-hour meeting. Wish me luck!

Also, hope your day/week is going much better than mine, but if it's not, feel free to vent in my comments.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little sis left for college last weekend, and she is also the baby of the family. It has been very hard on my mom. Since I live so far away, it hasn't affected me as much; but I can understand how it must be hard on you to see your sister go. I am hopeful that my sister's going off to college will bring us closer together. I hope that you find your relationship with your sister growing as well.

Have you seen the movie "Office Space"? I highly recommend it. Anyone who has to sit through a 4 hour work meeting can appreciate the humor found in that movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home