Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm supposed to be working...

but instead I'm uploading some photos.

We had a big bag of undeveloped film that we decided to take in this week. There were pictures from early in our relationship, pictures from before we even knew each other (and we've been together since the beginning of 2001), and other pictures that I knew were in there, but wasn't sure I wanted to see.

I know I've written about my car accident on this site numerous times. Now I finally have the pictures to back up my story. This is my car, post-running into the back of a much bigger truck.


The bumper is tucked under the hood, apparently for safe traveling. You can see exactly where I hit the guy's hitch and it pushed back.


Let this be a lesson to you - as ridiculous as it sounds, people do sometimes stop on freeway on-ramps. I was looking to see if I could merge onto the freeway when the car two ahead of me slammed on its brakes. Then the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes. Since I was looking out my side window I didn't see this and plowed right into him going about 40 or 50 miles an hour. Not fun. The only thing that happened to his truck was that it had pieces of my car in its bed.

Aaron was a little miffed at me for wrecking the car before he saw it. He thought it was just a little fender bender. When he saw it he wasn't mad anymore. He also realized why everyone who was at the scene kept asking me if I was sure I was okay. I didn't even get whiplash, I think because I didn't see it coming so I didn't have a chance to tense up. I did have a bruise from the seatbelt across my shoulder, but that's it. I was lucky.

And now for something a little less stressful (for me at least); a couple days ago when I wrote my proposal story I got a couple of requests for a picture of my engagement ring, so here it is:

It's aquamarine. I wanted something a little different than the "normal" engagement ring, and we had fallen in love with a similar ring when we were on vacation once. Unfortunately the similar ring was a blue diamond and cost about $25,000; a little out of our price range to say the least. This is just as pretty, in my opinion. It's a little big now so I don't wear it as much because I'm completely paranoid and terrified about losing it.

I'm going to be on a business trip in Minnesota on Monday and Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to it for some reason. Could it be the cold? Probably. It's probably also about being away from Aaron for a night (yes I'm sappy, and I'm okay about that), the plane ride (I'm not a big fan), and a boring 5 hour meeting. Although my co-worker is bringing her baby and I'm really excited about that. She asked if I minded that the baby was coming with us. My reply was, "There's a chance I might get to hold the baby. I don't mind at all."

4 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I've been in one car accident; I was 17 and it was my fault. I pulled out in front of a big truck; fortunately, he hit the side of the hood, instead of the driver's side door. I have been enormously paranoid about car accidents ever since.

And I love the ring! Blue aquamarine is a beautiful stone; I have a few pieces with blue topaz, and I love them.

 
At 1/30/2007 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god your ring is spectacular. How beautiful.

And the car... I need to go back and read the story of what actually happened, but I imagine you were traumatized for awhile after that, good lord.

 
At 1/31/2007 11:03 AM, Blogger S said...

Your ring is beautiful! My ring is too big too so I bought one of these:
http://viewithere.com/ring_guard/ringguard.html
I can't tell if the diamonds on your band go all the way around though. If so it's probably not the best idea.
I'm planning on waiting to get my ring sized until we get the wedding band so the ring guard is a good fix for now.

 
At 2/01/2007 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie! I've started using Bloglines and your blog didn't show up as anything new to read and I didn't come here to read it and then all this stuff has been going on and I missed commenting when it was fresh and new and I'm sorry.

Whew!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home